Uplawmoor Development Trust

AGM 2019

- 10:27 am - April 30th, 2020


Minutes of Annual General Meeting 13 March 2019 - 7.30 pm, Mure Hall, Uplawmoor

Present:  Trustee Board :- Owen Evans, Paul Forrest,  David Riddet, John Raeside, and Martin Houston.

                 Members -         16 full members including Trustees attended

  Apologies:  Alan Condy, Christine Riddet, Mr & Mrs Hughson, Cllr A Convery

Chairman called for a proposer and seconder for approval of the Minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting. These were proposed by Lorna Dempster and seconded by Alison Forrest.  There were duly signed by Chair and Secretary.

  1. Actions arising from 2018 AGM .
  • None
  1. Chairman’s Report – Paul Forrest welcomed the attendees, and gave an overall progress report on the activities of the Trust since our last AGM in 2018, the completion of the MUGA Project, planned get together with UCC for a joint Newsletter, and that there would be more discussions with UCC to optimise the resources and skills of both. This was followed by short individual presentations on each of the 2 key projects –  

1.     Rural Walks and Pathways –John Raeside – Reported that more contacts are needed to identify and help with path projects. The possibility of putting down tarmac on the path around the playing fields is being considered, bearing in mind that any future drainage work could damage the tarmac path. It was pointed out by a member that the access path into the playing field opposite Arthurlie Avenue was frequently wet and muddy. (This access is privately owned). The path through the Glen was reported as needing repair, as well as the stile at Pollick Farm Lane, and the severely damaged fence separating the Glen from the land owned by MacMic.

Member Adrian Ward explained in detail possible walks around Loch Libo and kindly offered to help make the walk happen, as well as helping with other walks. Toni Leggatt also offered to help with ideas for the Glen and other walks. At this point, member Elspeth Hansen kindly offered the part of her garden adjoining the Glen can be used freely by children’s groups

Paul Forrest said that any proposed group walk to familiarise interested parties would be advertised on Uplawmoor Info to ensure maximum take-up.

Neilston to Uplawmoor cycle/walking path using old railway – Martin Houston updated the meeting on progress. A consultant has been appointed to carry out a feasibility study, and has written to all affected landowners for comment.  Provided such a link could be described as a “Core Path”, funding would be available.

Lastly the land previously used as an inert waste facility and currently owned by Charles Kinniburgh had been advertised as being available.  UDT wrote to Mr Kinniburgh seeking assurances about mine workings etc, but no reply  had been received.

 

2.     Play Park –Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) – David Riddet - reported that the MUGA was completed in October 2018 and was formally opened by the school Head Teacher. Chair intimated that he would contact MUGA users groups to optimise MUGA use, and that limited funds are available for coaching. It was also noted that ERC had still not paid us the grant amount of £20,000 due to internal legal issues, but was expected within the next week or so.  UDT has asked ERC to provide additional markings on the Gym Equipment surface similar to what was done at Crookfur. If ERC cannot, UDT may fund it.

3.     Presentation of Accounts – Treasurer Owen Evans reported the Accounts to the end of our financial year – 30 November 2018.

Summary – Income £50,813, Expenditure £49,725. Balance in bank £4,756  up from 2017 amount of £3,668.  (The high numbers are due to incoming and outgoing amounts connected with the MUGA).  This figure is represented by Unrestricted Funds £2,636 and Restricted Funds £2,130,  up from 2017 figs  by £656 and £442 respectively.

4.     Election/Re-election of Trustees– Secretary informed the meeting that by  our Constitution, all Board Members can remain as such, unless there is a motion opposed to this. There was no such motion.  There was one resignation, Owen Evans Treasurer, and the Chair expressed appreciation for all the work Owen had done since the formation of the Trust. There was one nomination for Trustee – Marion Raeside to take over as Trustee/Treasurer.  The Trustees present at the AGM unanimously approved.

 

5.     Future plans – Setting up of MUGA users groups to maximise use of the facility, more liaison with UCC to produce Newsletter,  to compile and agree the next village survey, and generally to cooperate.

6.     Any other competent business.

None

The ideas generated at the meeting will be used by UDT to move forward and perhaps incorporate in a survey to better understand the views of the village on same were.  A summary of the ideas:

•    Tarmac the circular path round the playpark

  • Upgrade link from Neilston Rd to Park

•    Drain the park if feasible to tap into drain running the Main Road through Villagers house.

•    Glen

o   general tidy up, removal/ repair of broken fences and twisted wire

o   Generate focal points in the Glen ( all Natural)

o   Den

o   Picnic area

o   Small stage

o   Involve Rainbows and other groups in design of above

o   Incorporate the Hansen’s garden for use for children.

o   Repair the style at the Pollock farm end.

o   “Secret Walks” and Ways

  • Use Adrian Wards local knowledge to delineate same and perhaps kindle a walking group if there was sufficient interest.

The Chair closed the meeting with a vote of thanks to the attendees, and invited further informal discussion.

These Minutes to be ratified and signed at the 2020 Annual General Meeting.

 

Signed                                             Chair                      Signed                                          Secretary

This site uses cookies. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work.