Minutes of Annual General Meeting 11 May, 2017- 7.30 pm, Mure Hall, Uplawmoor
Present: Directors :- Owen Evans, Paul Forrest (Chair), David Riddet, Mairi Paterson and Martin Houston.
Members - 11 full members attended
Non-Members – 1
ERC – Councillor Angela Convery
Apologies: John Raeside, Duncan Smith, Paul Marshall, Stuart Philp, Lorna & Cameron Dempster, Quentin & Maureen Wilson, Cath Close, Judith Leggatt, Adrian & Dineke Ward, Ken Paterson.
- Chairman called for a proposer and seconder for approval of the Minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting. These were proposed by Mairi Paterson and seconded by Martin Houston.
- Actions arising from 2016 AGM .
- Drainage of playing field. PF explained that the cost was prohibitive, but that with UDT’s own resources, key areas could be addressed.
- Holy Hill – PF confirmed that incorporating Holy Hill into the village path system was still being examined.
- Rural Walks and Pathways – PF outlined work done to successfully drain the ground around the adult exercise equipment. Plan to drain the area between the path to the Hotel and the Play Park. Planting of 1000 bulbs and XXX trees in the Glen. Ongoing consideration of path round village via Holy Hill at the end of Libo Avenue.
- Play Park –DR explained that we got our final grant approval in September, and work started shortly after and was completed mid- October. This was followed by the official opening by Fiona McKay, the school head teacher. It was also hoped that families could enjoy picnics at the new seating area in the play park. As well as the swings, roundabouts etc, UDT provided the Exercise equipment beside the tennis pavilion. It was hoped that these facilities will be well used this year, and suggested that perhaps some villagers could get together and organise regular sessions. If that was to happen, the Trust would be happy to provide a professional trainer for the first session. The Chair expressed thanks for the work carried out by David Riddet to achieve the result of the new equipment.
- Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) – DR stated that the original village questionnaire had New Play Park equipment and a MUGA with very similar high number of votes, but that it was impractical to do both at once. Now UDT has initiated the drive to obtain grant monies amounting to no more than £70,000 to cover the cost.
- Chairman’s Report – Paul Forrest welcomed the attendees, and gave an overall progress report on the activities of the Trust since our last AGM in 2016. In particular he gave special thanks to John Raeside for the cost free provision of equipment and labour for the paths and playing field work. This was followed by short individual presentations on each of the 3 key projects –
One member asked that when ERC took over the MUGA in five years’ time, could they dictate who could use it and when. DR undertook to check with ERC.
- Community Transport – Position stated at 2016 AGM remains the same.
- Presentation of Accounts – Treasurer Owen Evans reported the Accounts to the end of our financial year – 30 November 2016.
Summary – Income £76,555, Expenditure £75,293 . (The high income and expenditure figures arise from the provision of the new Play Park equipment.)
Balance in bank £4,467, up from 2015 amount of £3,206. This figure is represented by Unrestricted Funds £2,677 and Restricted Funds £1,790.
- OE outlined the reasons for a proposed change of UDT’s legal entity from Limited Company to a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, SCIO. Following an open discussion, the members were asked to show agreement. Acceptance of the proposal was proposed by Martin Houston, and seconded by Alistair Rae. No counter- proposals were made.
- Election/Re-election of Directors – Secretary informed the meeting that by our Articles of Association, one third of the directors must retire at every AGM. There are currently nine directors, and the three directors who retire at this AGM are Owen Evans, Martin Houston and Mairi Paterson. All three directors have indicated their wish to be re-elected. The Secretary also stated that the Notice of Annual General Meeting asked for nominations for additional directors, but that none had been received. Secretary then called for proposers and seconders for the three directors who sought re-election:
Owen Evans - Proposed by David Riddet, seconded by Alison Forrest
Martin Houston - Proposed by Alistair Corbett, seconded by Gordon Steel
Mairi Paterson – Proposed by Patricia Thomson, seconded by Christine Riddet.
- Any other competent business.
- It was suggested that if the MUGA project was successful, landscape planting would help soften the visual impact. This will be taken into account
The Chair closed the meeting with a vote of thanks to the attendees, and invited further informal discussion.
These Minutes to be ratified and signed at the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
Signed Chair Signed Secretary