January 28th 2013 AGM Minutes
Minutes of Annual General Meeting 28 January 2014, at 7.30 pm, Mure Hall, Uplawmoor
Present: Directors :- Zoe Brook, Owen Evans, Paul Forrest (Chair), Martin Houston, David Riddet, and John Raeside.
Members - 30 full members attended, names recorded
Non-Members – 11 attended, names recorded
Apologies: Jenni Wright, Judith & Seamus Leggat, Gregor McKenzie, Anne Sparrow, Colin McMaster, Dineke & Adrian Ward.
- Chairman’s Report – Paul Forrest welcomed the attendees, and gave an overall progress report on the activities of the Trust since inception. This was followed by short individual presentations on each of the 4 key projects – Community Shop, Rural Walks and Pathways, Park and Playing Field, and Community Transport.
- Presentation of Accounts – Treasurer Owen Evans reported as the company was only formed in November last year, the only income was £54 from Membership Fees, and a donation. Expenditure was £235.80 for printing costs for the Questionnaires, and advertising banners. This has been paid by a loan from Uplawmoor Gala Society due for repayment 25 August 2014.
The following additional information was given for the current year:
- DTAS has granted £400 for transport costs associated with the four projects.
- Plunkett Foundation granted £75 for transport costs associated with visiting Community Shops.
- Paths For All very recently granted £1500 for materials for the Glen Path improvement
- The Trust has applied for Charitable Status.
- Election/Re-election of Directors – Secretary David Riddet informed the meeting that by our Articles of Association, all six directors must retire at the AGM. As all six indicated their wish to be re-elected, re-election was carried out:-
Paul Forrest Proposed by David Riddet, seconded by Karen Bain
David Riddet Proposed by Karen Bain, seconded by Alistair Rae
Martin Houston Proposed by David Riddet, seconded by John Raeside
Zoe Brook Proposed by Anne Paterson, seconded by Lorna Dempster
Owen Evans Proposed by David Riddet, seconded by Alistair Rae
John Raeside Proposed by Zoe Brook, seconded by Lorna Dempster
Also, one member prior to the AGM indicated a willingness to be elected as a Director and Secretary announced that Mairi Paterson had been proposed by David Riddet and seconded by Martin Houston, and was welcomed on to the Board
Secretary then asked those present not yet members consider joining as a full member.
- Any other competent business – questions were asked from the floor:
A question was raised about the function and ambitions of the Development Trust, and the following response given by the Chair:-
- UDT is embryonic and is continually proving itself as a sustainable organization i.e. it has a significant support and involvement of the majority of the village.
- UDT board is the facilitator and enabler for the community to take forward suggested projects. UDT is the vehicle for the community to deliver these projects
- UDT will continually seek the opinion of the Whole of the community on a regular basis, or when pertinent to do so, to ensure UDT is truly representing and taking forward the wishes of the community.
- The Initial Projects are relatively small, as we prove ourselves. It is the intention that larger projects will be considered and which will be sustainable and entrepreneurial in line with the wider values of Development trusts and the wishes of the community.
It was suggested that the Trust should organise fund raising events. Chair replied that we were considering a Barn Dance, and a Mure Hall based event.
An attendee asked where the proposed shop would be located. Responded that various options were being considered, eg Church, Mure Hall, Hotel, new build.
The Chair closed the meeting with a vote of thanks to the attendees, and invited further informal discussion.
These Minutes to be ratified and signed at the 2015 Annual General; Meeting.
Signed Chair Signed Secretary